Friday, October 28, 2011

I know it has been a while since I have posted. This past week I have been out helping my father do farm work. I have photos to post but I have not been able to get to them yet. Sorry!

While you wait go vote on the photo I entered in the 2011 National Geographic Photo Contest.



I took this photo on a trail which goes from the Oregon Coast Highway to the Heceta Head Lighthouse. My wife and I were on our way from the lighthouse heading to the beach to watch the sunset. Suddenly, sunlight came pouring through the trees horizontally giving a breathtaking sight. The trees shaped the light to resemble the light of a lighthouse. We were stopped in our tracks by the amazing picture of the sunbeam-painted forest. After taking some photos we continued to watch the beautiful scene till it faded away. That moment of splendor surpassed any sunset we might have seen on the beach.

Location: Heceta Head, Florence, Oregon, United States
Category: Nature

 
 
You might recognize this photo since it is the main photo on my blog.  I hope you like the photo ( and that you actually go to the National Geographic website and like it there) and that you share it with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment