Thursday, August 8, 2013

Swallowtail Butterfly

How many times have you seen a butterfly and wanted it to land on your finger? It would be cool, and I have thought of it from time to time. Butterflies are marvelous creatures that are beautiful and delicate. 

During a recent family camping trip I found a Swallowtail butterfly that had been hit by a truck. It was in the middle of the road. I went and picked it up and found that it was unable to fly and that its tail wing had been trashed. I took some photos because I had a subject that was not going to "flutterby"before I got a chance to pull my camera out. 

The butterfly did not seem scared and it would crawl all over you, including your face, if you gave it the chance. I did give it that chance and so did my wife. We both learned that a butterfly crawling on your face tickles.

We did let the grounded "flutterby" go in a bunch of wild flowers. 













No comments:

Post a Comment