Wednesday, October 13, 2010

First Roll of Black & White Film

Here are the photos I took on my first roll of black and white film. I also developed the film. I did make one print so far. Since this is my first time It is not my absolute favorite.

It was a bit difficult during taking the photos here. The reasons were because:
1) It was film. lets face it film is not as user friendly as digital is. I was using 100 speed film which is not as light sensitive as others. I was also using 35-mm film. I was wanting to do it in medium formant but I was not able to do so. (But I hope to be able to shoot in medium format)
2) I was not using a light meter, I was using math. I know that strikes fear into the hearts of many people. Just the thought can cause anxiety. I found out at what shutter speeds you should shoot at with 100 speed film to get well exposed film. I just had to apply it to the different conditions I was shooting in.
3) I developed the film and it was my first time. There are many things that can go wrong during the developing stage. Things went well for me thankfully. If you look closely at some of these photos you might notice some dust. When I scanned the negatives There was some dust on the film. That is why.

Please let me know which one(s) are your favorite. Remember these are preliminary and more than that they are tests. I know some of them are not perfect. Just let me know what you think.































1 comment:

  1. I love the hay bales most of all. It can be very difficult to achieve the full range of the grey scale, especially if you're not using a light metre (brave one!). There is just something especially charming about those field shots. Looking forward to more of your b&w adventures.

    ReplyDelete