Friday, February 25, 2011

Black and White with a Holga plastic camera

I got a chance to try out a Holga camera. in the art and photo world I find that many people think these cameras are great because of the imperfections of the film. The camera can take photos and you are limited. By being limited it makes it so you have to know better what you are doing to be able to get good results out of it.

As you can see from my photos I was having a problem overlapping the photos. There are some photos that I meant to overlap to try and get a panorama type photo. I enjoyed trying the camera out. I did meter at times using my digital camera but that is when it got dark. There is some interesting textures that arise from the cameras imperfections. However, I would much rather use medium format film in a camera with more clarity.

So here is my first roll of medium format film and my first roll of film from a Holga.








(This is the same as one from above but I darkened it... I am debating the two of them.)










No comments:

Post a Comment