Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Solar Eclipse, 2012 May 20


Solar Eclipse near its highest point in Salt Lake City May 20, 2012.

A solar eclipse is an awe-inspiring thing to witness. For those of you who don't know it is when the moon passes between the earth and the sun. The moon casts its shadow on the earth and if you are in the right place with the right conditions you can see and amazing thing. The sun will appear first as a crescent and then as a "ring of fire" if you are in the right spot at the right time. 

When the solar eclipse happened Sunday I was a four to five hour drive from where the Ring of Fire could be seen. I was unable to go witness the Ring of Fire but I got to see the moon cover about 90% of the sun. It was spectacular! I did have to travel about 10 - 15 miles though because a giant cloud obscured my view of the event. 

The following images are photos I took of the eclipse over about an hour period. Some are seen through clouds and others are not. Some I adjusted the white balance too to make them a little more interesting. The lens flares are the way they were taken. The only think I might have adjusted are contrast and white balance. Enjoy the view I had.




Beginning of Solar Eclipse

Blue Crystal Solar Eclipse - with lens flare

Crystal Solar Eclipse - with lens flare

Solar Eclipse

Solar Eclipse in Purple

Tron Solar Eclipse... It just reminds me of "Tron" - with lens flare

Crystal Cheshire Solar Eclipse - with lens flare

A "Wicked" Solar Eclipse.

Solar Eclipse

Solar Eclipse

Lens flare of a Solar Eclipse

Solar Eclipse with some lens flare

Solar Eclipse with lens flare

Solar Eclipse through some light cloud cover.

Solar Eclipse with some could

Solar Eclipse and bird among high thin clouds

Blown out Solar Eclipse with light cloud cover

Solar Eclipse that could be used by DreamWorks

Solar Eclipse

 

No comments:

Post a Comment